If you are experiencing issues with ProShow connecting to the internet during software activation or when outputting to Facebook, YouTube or Share Show, you may need to add an exception to your McAfee Anti-Virus program so it will allow ProShow to communicate with the web based output services.
Creating an exception in McAfee is a quick and easy way to allow a specific program to communicate with the internet while still providing rock solid protection preventing those unwanted intruders from gaining access to your machine.
Creating an exception in McAfee
- Double-click the taskbar icon to open your Security Center
- Click Internet & Network, and then click the Advanced button in the firewall section.
- Now click Program Permissions, then click Add Allowed Program.
- Then browse to C:\Program Files(x86)\Photodex\ProShow Gold or Producer, select proshow.exe and click Ok.
- Finally, click Apply and then Ok to save the permission changes.
That’s it! Now ProShow should have full access on your computer without McAfee interfering.