New in ProShow 7 is a built-in royalty-free music library that provides all ProShow 7 users with quick access to a wide variety of music tracks and sound effects. Browse by length, genre or occasion to find the songs and sound effects that works best for your show.
In this article we will show you how to access the music library, preview tracks, add to your show, and mark tracks that you frequently use as favorites.
Requirements to use the Built-in Music Library in ProShow
- Requires an active internet connection
- Requires a registered version of ProShow 7
- Music library tracks are accessible only in ProShow 7
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s get started!
Accessing the Music Library
- Click on the Music Library icon located in the toolbar near the top.
- From the Menu Bar, select Audio and Music Library
- Use the Soundtrack list in Show Options.
There are several ways to open this window:
- Double-click on the Soundtrack bar, just underneath your Slide List
- From the Menu Bar, select Audio and Manage Soundtrack
- Use the keyboard shortcut, CTRL+M
- In Show Options, in the Soundtrack list, click the Add (+) icon and choose Select from Music Library
Browsing the Music Library
On the left side of the Music Library window you’ll find navigation tabs that will help you browse all of the available tracks.
- Click one of the tabs located in the navigation pane to the left of the music library.
- Choose from one of the following filters:
- Special Selections (Top Picks, etc)
- Vocals (+ Instrumental)
- Tempo (Fast, Medium, Slow)
- Length (Under 1 minute – Over 4 minutes)
- Category / Occasion
- Standard Genre
- You should now see an updated track list on the right.
- To browse a different set of tracks, click a new filter in the navigation pane on the left.
- Click on the Play Icon that appears as you move your mouse over the thumbnail image for a track
- A sample of the track will begin to play automatically in an Audio Preview window.
- Press Done to close the Audio Preview and return to the Music Library.
- In the track list select the song you wish to use and click the Add to Show button at the bottom of the window.
- ProShow will then download your track from the Music Library and add it directly to your Soundtrack.
- Once added the track is added to your show, you can adjust the volume, fade in/out and trim the song using the built-in editing tools in ProShow.
At this point, you can add more tracks or simply press the Cancel button at the bottom of the window to close the Music Library.
Marking Tracks as Favorites
If you find yourself using certain tracks more often, within the Music Library you can mark those tracks as Favorites.
- Simply click the Star Icon at the bottom of the track thumbnail. When marked as a favorite, the star will turn blue.
- To access your Favorite tracks, click on the Favorites tab located in the navigation pane on the left.
Check out the video below to learn all about the new music library in ProShow 7