If you find that you are trying to use a video that will not import into ProShow, it is often best to convert the video file to another format that is accepted. This may also help in cases where the video imports, but is out of sync, missing audio, or not giving the correct video frames.
We recommend using a video converting tool for this process. The program we currently recommend using is a program called Handbrake. This can be downloaded for free by visiting this URL:
(NOTE: When clicking the Download button on the Handbrake website, it will take you to the SourceForge website. There is no need to click on any download links from that site; simply wait a few seconds for the download to begin in your browser.)
Handbrake contains many options for power users, but we have created a custom preset that should provide the most appropriate settings. Just follow these steps:
- After Handbrake has been installed, download our custom preset here.
- Once downloaded, right click on the zipped file and choose Extract All to unzip it.
- In Handbrake, click the “Options” button at the bottom right, click “Import” from the list, and choose the file “HandbrakeCustomMpeg4.plist” from the extracted folder.
- With the new “Custom MPEG-4” preset selected in the list, click the Options button and choose Set Default.
- Close Handbrake, then reopen it
- Click the Source button at the top left and choose the File option, then select the video you’d like to convert.
- In the Destination field, click the Browse button and choose a save location and file name for the converted version of the file.
- Click the green Start button at the top of the program.
Note: If you have any problems downloading or installing the custom preset mentioned above, follow these steps to create your own preset: