ProShow Web makes it pretty easy to get your shows onto DVD or Blu-ray. Just download an ISO file from the Download section of the Watch tab and burn it to disc with your favorite image burning application.
While some sites want to charge you to burn a disc we know that disc burning is inexpensive and only takes a couple of minutes. Besides, burning it yourself is always faster than waiting for a disc in the mail.
ProShow Web lets you burn discs by providing ISO file downloads. An ISO file is like a disc-in-a-file. It’s a single file that contains all the proper formatting, data and details required to burn a disc. It is also a standard supported across the computer industry.
Two Steps to Burning a Disc
- Create and download the ISO file
- Burn the ISO to a disc using your computer
Choosing Between DVD and Blu-ray
We offer two different types of disc images. You’re probably familiar with DVD. It’s been the standard way to play movies for more than a decade. Nearly every computer built in the last 5+ years has a DVD burner. DVDs are cheap and easy to make, but offer only average image quality.
Blu-ray is the new disc standard for HD video. Blu-ray lets you burn high-definition shows to a disc. These HD shows look great on flat-screen TVs and offer superior quality. To burn and use a Blu-ray disc you’ll need a Blu-ray burner in your computer and a Blu-ray player hooked up to your TV.
Download an ISO File
To get started, you’ll need to download your show as an ISO file.
- Go to your shows.
- Select the show you’d like to download.
- Click the Downloads + Videos button located above the player.
- Scroll down until you see the DVD and Blu-ray ISO download options.
- Click the Create button for either DVD or Blu-ray ISO to start the creation process.
If your ISO file needs to be created, it will light up green when it’s finished and will display download on top of the button. Once the green download button appears, just click it again to start the download. Be sure to save it in a location where you can find it.
Burn Your ISO File to a Disc
Burning with Windows 7
Windows 7 includes some built-in support for burning ISO files.
- Locate the ISO file you downloaded from ProShow Web
- Right-click on the ISO file and choose Burn disc image
- Burn the ISO to disc using the tool that opens.
For more information on using Windows 7 to burn your ISO, click here.
Burning with Mac OS X
Mac OS X includes Disc Utility, which lets you burn an ISO to disc.
- Open Disc Utility (Applications > Disc Utility)
- Insert a blank disc.
- Drag the ISO file you downloaded from ProShow Web into the left pane of Disc Utility then click to select it.
- Click burn to get started.
Burn an ISO Using ImgBurn
ImgBurn is a popular tool for burning ISO files to a disc. It’s available as a free download but they accept donations if you find their tool useful.
- Download ImgBurn and install it on your computer.
- Open ImgBurn and choose to Write image file to disc.
- From the File menu, choose Browse for a source file… and pick the ISO file you downloaded from ProShow Web.
- Click the Write button in ImgBurn (or use the File > Write menu option).
For more information on using ImgBurn, click here.
A full list of supported input and output formats is also available.