If you are experiencing issues with ProShow connecting to the internet during software activation or when outputting to Facebook, YouTube or Share Show, you may need to add an exception to your Norton Anti-Virus program so it will allow ProShow to communicate with the web based output services.
Creating an exception in Norton is a quick and easy way to allow a specific program to communicate with the internet while still providing rock solid protection preventing those unwanted intruders from gaining access to your machine.
Creating an exception in Norton
- Double-click the Norton Anti-virus icon in your system tray. This will open up your Norton configuration window where you can modify the software configuration.
- Click the Scan button on the left side of the window. Click Custom Scan and click Options. This will display a list of options for the scanning process when Norton detects viruses.
- Click Security Ricks. Click Exceptions and click Add. This will open a configuration window where you add can add additional exceptions to any antivirus scan rule.
- Locate ProShow in the list of software exceptions and remove it from the scanning process so Norton doesn’t interfere the next time you use ProShow.
- Click Ok to save your changes.
Now bring up ProShow and see if ProShow is able to communicate with the internet.