If you are experiencing issues with ProShow connecting to the internet during software activation or when outputting to Facebook, YouTube or Share Show, you may need to add an exception to your AVG Anti-Virus program so it will allow ProShow to communicate with the web based output services.
Creating an exception in McAfee is a quick and easy way to allow a specific program to communicate with the internet while still providing rock solid protection preventing those unwanted intruders from gaining access to your machine.
Creating an exception in AVG
- Double-click the taskbar icon to open your AVG Security Center
- Then double-click the Resident Shield component found in the status overview
- Now click the Manage exceptions found on the bottom of the resident shield.
- Click on the Add File button on the top left-hand side of the manage exceptions window.
- Now browse to C:\Program Files(x86)\Photodex\ProShow Gold or Producer, select proshow.exe, and click Ok.
- Finally, click Apply and then Ok to save the changes to the Resident Shield.
That’s it! Now ProShow should be allowed full access on the computer without AVG interfering.