The ProShow Remote app allows you to control playback of your shows in ProShow Gold and Producer 6 directly from an iOS device. ProShow desktop software must be connected to the app for proper functionality. Here are some quick steps to follow that should get you up and running with the ProShow Remote app in no time.
Before we jump into the steps to connect the app to your installation of ProShow, let’s first run through the checklist of requirements for an easy connection process between your ProShow desktop software and the ProShow Remote app on your iOS device.
ProShow Remote App Requirements:
- Requires ProShow Gold or Producer version(s) 6 and later
- ProShow Desktop software needs to be open when trying to connect to the app
- ProShow Desktop software needs to be on same local network as your iOS device for best results
- You must enter the 6 digit code presented in the ProShow desktop software when trying to connect to the app
How to connect the ProShow Remote app to your ProShow desktop software
- Open the ProShow Remote app on your device, then open your ProShow desktop software on your computer.
- In ProShow, go to Tools > ProShow Remote App > Connect to Device and click on this option.
- Now, on your device, tap the blue Connect button in the app to view the list of available computers running ProShow on your network.
- On your device, tap the computer that you would like to connect to from the list.
- Now locate the 6 digit code found inside the ‘Connect to Remote App’ screen in your ProShow desktop software and enter this into the app and tap the green Connect button.
That’s it! You should now see your show thumbnail listed at the top of the ProShow Remote app and your desktop software should now say ‘Connected!’
Troubleshooting Connection Problems with the ProShow Remote app
In ProShow, the ‘ProShow Remote App’ option located under ‘Tools’ is missing
The ProShow Remote app feature is only available in ProShow desktop software versions 6 and later. Click here to get ProShow 6
‘Cellular Connection’ message appears on screen after tapping ‘Connect’ , and asks for an IP address
Make sure WiFi is turned on and you are on the same local network as the computer running the ProShow desktop software. Now repeat Step #3, and try again.
‘ProShow not found’ when trying to connect the app to ProShow desktop software
Make sure you have ProShow Gold or Producer 6 installed and open on your computer. Make sure WiFi is enabled on your device and on the same local network as your computer. Now repeat Step #2, and try again.
Access key is NOT showing in the ‘Connect to Remote’ app screen in the ProShow desktop software
This can happen when the access key in ProShow Gold or Producer has been set as ‘hidden’. To show the access key in this window, click the Show Access Key link on the bottom left-hand side of this window. Now repeat Step #5, and try again.