Most browsers used today should work fine with ProShow Web. As long as you are using a supported browser, running the latest version of Adobe Flash and have NOT configured your browser in a way that may remove functionality required by ProShow Web, everything should work as expected.
ProShow Web is a web based application. This means the application runs inside your browser and relies on the the configuration of your browser for proper functionality. In general you should not run into any problems using this service with your browser.
The default settings for most browsers should work just fine with ProShow Web. However, if you are having issues with ProShow Web it is possible that your browser has been configured in such a way that removes functionality that ProShow Web requires for proper operation.
Tips for resolving browser configuration issues
- Make sure you are using a supported browser. To see a list of supported browsers, click here!
- Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed on your computer. To see if you have the latest version installed, click here!
- Try resetting your browser configuration back to the default settings and see if this clears up your issues.
Checking Internet Connection Speed
ProShow Web requires a high-speed internet connection for best performance. If you would like to check the speed of your internet connection you can do so using the utility listed below.
Internet Speed Test: Speedtest.net
There are three major values that can affect your internet connection
- Ping – This value determines the latency of your connection or the amount of time it takes for data to travel from your computer to the next.
- On DSL or Cable connections latencies of less than 100 ms are typical and less than 25 ms is desired. Satellite connections average 500 ms or higher.
- Download Speed – This value gives you a general idea of how fast you can download data from the internet to your computer.
- Ideally you want to see a higher number here. Anything above 3.0 mbps should suffice.
- Upload Speed – This value gives you a general idea of how fast you can upload data to the internet from your computer.
- Ideally you want to see a higher number here as well. Anything above 1 mbps should suffice.
ProShow Web System Requirements
To see ProShow Web system requirements click here!