A member of the Photodex technical support team may ask you to run a utility called TeamViewer in order to facilitate direct remote support on your computer. The process is quick and easy. Here is what you need to know.
TeamViewer is a lightweight application that allows for quick remote support of your Windows or Mac system. The program uses an ID specific to your system along with an automatically randomized password to provide a secure connection over which we are able to provide immediate remote assistance.
You can download this program here:
- Click the button above to download the Windows version of TeamViewer.
- If you are given the option to “Run” or “Save” that download, choose the “Run” option. This will provide immediate execution of the program and put you just a couple of clicks away from direct remote assistance.
- If you’re not given a “Run” option, just let your browser save that download. Then use the CTRL+J keyboard shortcut to open your download list and double-click the TeamViewer_Setup.exe file to execute the program.
- Click the button above to download the Mac version of TeamViewer.
- You should see this download appear in your Downloads, or at the bottom of your browser.
- Click on that APP file and you should find that it automatically extracts, pointing you to the TeamViewer file that we will need to execute in the next step
- Now locate and double-click the TeamViewer file that you extracted from the APP file. Click the Open button on the warning message and then it should open the program.
Using the TeamViewer Program
- Before you can use TeamViewer you’ll need to Accept their Disclaimer.
- Once the TeamViewer program is running, you’ll see a pretty simple user interface. The key details here are your ID, necessary to identify your system, and the Password. Provide these details to your customer support representative and they will be able to provide immediate remote assistance.
NOTE: It is important to clarify that your Password will change each time TeamViewer is executed, which helps to make the program more secure. Once you’re done receiving assistance, just close TeamViewer and you’re done. The remote connection is closed and you’re done.