ProShow Gold 7 makes your slideshows look and sound better than ever. Discover a new dimension of convenience and exciting possibilities for bringing your shows to life, including built-in music, free FX & content, new publishing options & more – right at your fingertips.
New Royalty-Free Music Library
- New built-in music library gives you access to 200+ songs and dozens of sound effects in a variety of categories:
- Family & Kids
- Fashion & Glamour
- High Energy / Sports
- Love & Romance
- Party / Celebration
- Seasonal / Specialty
- Seniors & Graduation
- Sound FX
- Tribute & Memorial
- Vacation & Travel
- All tracks are provided royalty-free. Use them in your slideshows with no extra cost.
- Includes a variety of vocal and instrumental tracks across a broad range of styles.
- Browse tracks by genre, length, tempo, occasion and more.
- Mark tracks as favorites for easy access.
- Easily preview tracks before you add them to your show.
- Tracks are licensed for use in personal shows as well as commercial shows (you may use these tracks in shows you produce and sell to clients).
- Automatically remembers the last used category you were browsing.
- Easily trim tracks from the library using ProShow’s built-in audio editing tools.
New Download Effects + Content
- Never miss new free effects!
- New Download Effects + Content window lets you easily install additional free effects and content previously available only on the ProShow blog, including:
- Over 300 additional slide styles
- Over 25 additional transition effects
- ‘Always’ wizard theme
- Over 150 additional background images
- Over 80 additional photo borders
- Over 90 photo overlays
- Over 200 additional menu themes
- Plus easy access to future free content
- Content is automatically downloaded and installed in just a few clicks.
- Note: If you’ve already downloaded all the free effects and content from our blog, you may already have this additional content. However, this new feature will make it even easier to stay up to date with all the latest free stuff.
New Modern UI
- The updated and refreshed UI has a modern look, while keeping most things in familiar places.
- Improved control of user interface colors (found in Preferences) lets you customize the colors used for the software. New built-in color configurations let you easily pick from a variety of interface colors, from functional choices like High Contrast Text to funky options like Analog and Vintage.
- New preference options let you set the window size for Slide Options, Show Options and Custom Menu windows from Preferences.
Improved Video Support
- Extended support for importing longer video files.
- Import 4K video files, which are automatically scaled to 1080p on import.
- Improved support for high framerate video files. 60fps videos maintain their framerate on import.
- Fine-tune the audio offset of imported videos using the new audio offset option to allow for correcting videos that import with audio out-of-sync.
Improved Wizard Themes
- See thumbnails of wizard themes to get a sense of each theme’s style when you’re picking a theme.
- Customize thumbnails when you create or edit a theme.
- New descriptions for wizard themes give you an overview of each theme.
- Add descriptions to your custom themes, or edit descriptions on existing themes.
- Fine-tune themes more easily with the new option to show only enabled effects when editing a theme. Perfect for quickly locating an effect you want to remove from a theme.
New Custom Menu Navigation Control
- New navigation control for customizing menus lets you control the behavior of up, down, left and right buttons on your DVD and Blu-ray remote.
- Control which menu item gets selected when you navigate with the remote.
- Specify the default item to be selected on each DVD or Blu-ray menu page.
- Automatically warns you when you have items on a menu that are not accessible using the navigation buttons.
- Automatically prevents cyclical references (objects that navigate to themselves).
- All new support for WebM video output.
- New constant rate factoring option for video output (used by default on many formats in Video for Web, Devices and Computers) enables better-looking videos with smaller file sizes.
- Enhanced MPEG2 output allows for customizing field order.
- Improved EXE output lets you customize the maximum resolution used for playback on older, less powerful computers.
- Improved and expanded profiles in Video for Web, Devices and Computers gives you more options for creating great quality videos.
- Improved profiles for uploading to social media services (Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) provide better quality.
Improved Disc Burning
- Improved burn speed control increases reliability of the disc burning process for DVD, Blu-ray and PC Autorun CDs.
- Intelligent burn speed selection chooses an appropriate burn speed for each disc to reduce bad disc burns and improve reliability.
- New sleep mode prevention avoids problems caused by your computer going to standby while burning a disc.
Improved Slide Editing and Control
- New options for browsing slide styles now let you filter by the number of captions used by an effect.
- Intelligent caption list sizing automatically reduces the size of the Captions list when few (or zero) captions are used in a slide to maximize the space available for listing layers.
- Improved color picker now lets you specify standard colors by name – just type any standard color name in the Hex field when picking a color. Standard names include hundreds of colors used in the HTML color specification.
- Improved caption font sizing now lets you reduce caption sizes down to zero – perfect for zooming text all the way out.
- Improved OTF font support provides better performance when using complex fonts.
- Quickly access the sound for any slide with the new Manage Slide Sound option in the right-mouse-button-menu for slides in the Slide List.
- Smarter default show names avoid naming conflicts by creating a more unique name for each show you create in the New Show dialog.
- Improved importing from social media services (Facebook, Instagram, etc.) now better supports accounts with large numbers of albums or content.
- Set custom thumbnails when creating slide styles, allowing you to override the default ‘middle of slide’ thumbnail.
- Multiple categories are now remembered when creating slide styles, allowing you to easily apply multiple frequently used categories when creating effects.
- Improved master soundtrack volume avoids problems with audio clipping when volume is set above 100%.
- Create screensavers that remove any audio from the show.
Tons of Fixes
- Fixed various issues with importing certain video files.
- Fixed stability issues with editing captions that have short durations.
- Fixed issues with volume changes triggered by silent video layers.
- Fixed offset inaccuracy on trimmed soundtracks.
- Fixed issues with certain page curl transitions.
- Fixed stability issues when scrubbing preview during a transition.
- Fixed transparency problems with animated GIFs in video output.
- Fixed issue with audio from video layers sometimes playing past the end of a slide.
- Fixed stability issue with fullscreen playback in EXE output.
- Fixed issues with slide navigation on paused EXE shows.
- Fixed issues with sharpened video layers in some output formats.
- Fixed issue where background type information in Slide Options would not properly update.
- Fixed playback sync issues when running ProShow inside a virtual machine.
- Fixed issues with automatic navigation layout in menus.
- Fixed stability issues when changing slide time from with in Slide Options caption settings.
- Fixed issue where adding multiple audio tracks at once could fail.
- Fixed incorrect display of source image name in the Caption Macros dialog.
- Fixed interlaced Blu-ray playback on some Blu-ray players.
- Fixed issues with logging into some 3rd party services.
- Fixed stability issues when returning from Windows lock screen.
- Fixed issue with missing highlights on Blu-ray menus.
- Fixed missing audio on some AVI video output formats.
- Fixed issue with some files not being included when including original files on a DVD.
- Fixed output of MPEG-2 videos from the Custom Video File dialog
- Fixed selected tracks label at bottom of Music Library dialog
- Fixed the Layer Settings tab in Slide Options when video layers are present
Improvements Since Last 7.0 Release
Changes in the latest ProShow release (since ProShow Gold 7.0.3518)
- Fixed incorrect show aspect ratio in HTML5 output
- Fixed rare crash that could occur when opening the Music Library
- Fixed playback failure affecting longer video layers
- Fixed issue where Lightbox could fail to show all slides in the show
- Fixed issues caused by the first track in the Soundtrack having a negative Offset
- Fixed issue in Show Options where the Soundtrack list could fail to show all tracks
- Fixed issue where the Play All action could be incorrect on some DVD menus
- Fixed sync problem affecting trimmed video layers in EXE output
- Fixed preview playback of PSA audio tracks
- Fixed errors caused by automatic selection of DVD bitsetting option
- Fixed playback failure affecting Blu-ray output that has no menu